Mapping the Sheltowee Forum Index Archive home

Mapping the Sheltowee
A Guide for the Trails in the BSF and DBNF

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist      Big Turtle Photo Club    
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

@#$! Fiddlesticks!!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Mapping the Sheltowee Forum Index -> General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jbd
merciless pace
merciless pace

PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2012 4:45 pm    Post subject: @#$! Fiddlesticks!! Reply with quote

Back out to Morehead today to finish clearing the tree that blocks the trail and--- its not finished @#$%! Its so close to being cleared. It is actually passable now. The lower end required more work than I thought due to continued binding all the way through the trunk. I had saw a little and then chop with the axe to make enough room to keep sawing.

Once through, the trunk fell to the ground which moved the entire root ball with it. That left the upper end of the cut in a bind and I had to cut down far enough with the axe to make room for the saw. I was so close to finishing it off that I kept working until I was way too exhausted to do any more. I hope to finish it and put up trail markers after the strtegic plnning meeting on the 24th.
Traildust
merciless pace
merciless pace

PostPosted: Sat Mar 24, 2012 7:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Jim for sticking with it and getting it done. Been to long but thankful for your dedicated efforts.
Check us out at sheltoweetrace.twitter.com and on facebook in the hiking groups under The Sheltowee Trace. Sign up and join the discussion. Become a member of The Sheltowee Trace Association and help us maintain and grow the Trace.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Mapping the Sheltowee Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: