Mapping the Sheltowee Forum Index Archive home

Mapping the Sheltowee
A Guide for the Trails in the BSF and DBNF

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist      Big Turtle Photo Club    
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

A little trail work

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Mapping the Sheltowee Forum Index -> General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jbd
merciless pace
merciless pace

PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2012 10:55 am    Post subject: A little trail work Reply with quote

Yesterday(Feb 6th), Bob, Elsie and myself started at Dry Branch Rd and worked towards Holly Fork Rd trimming, pruning and moving some smaller blowdowns off the trail. We ran out of time to completely finish our task so a small section still needs a little work to get a jump on the spring growth flush that can easily grow over the trail.

I would like to invite everyone to take some time whenever you have it to work on trimming back some of the growth on and beside the trail. Doesn't make any difference what day of the week it is. Its mostly light work with pruning shears or loppers and maybe a small folding saw.

If you do go out we just ask that you report here when you went and how many hours you worked. This helps us with grants and other funding opprotunities.

We met two day hikers from Lexington who had started at 8:30 am from the northern terminus and were heading to the road crossing at I-64. Really good to see some folks using the trail.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Mapping the Sheltowee Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: