Mapping the Sheltowee Forum Index Archive home

Mapping the Sheltowee
A Guide for the Trails in the BSF and DBNF

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist      Big Turtle Photo Club    
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Trail Crews

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Mapping the Sheltowee Forum Index -> General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
weeanme
in the stride
in the stride

PostPosted: Thu Jul 28, 2011 4:10 pm    Post subject: Trail Crews Reply with quote

How many active trail crews are there? Is there a list of trail crews and the sections they cover?
Traildust
merciless pace
merciless pace

PostPosted: Fri Jul 29, 2011 1:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mike,
One active crew. But we do have a trail volunteer, Pam Gibson, down in McQuerry Co. who works on her own on a section of trail and gets help from friends etc. She also is the one who uses prisoners to keep the trail open.

The Ridge Runner Trail Crew is our first effort. They have responsibilty for the Trace from NT to Hwy 460. Rowan Co, Bath Co., Menifee Co..

Then there is crew #2 which runs from Natural Bridge to Turkeyfoot /McKee at Hwy 421. At this time I am attempting to recruit a Trail Crew Leader and members.

Crew #3 runs from Hwy 421 to I-75

Crew #4 runs from I-75 to Cumberland Falls SP

Crew #5 runs from Cumberland River Bridge KY90 to NPS boundary at Big Creek.

Crew #6 runs from NPS boundary to Pickett SP and Southern Terminus.

As you can see, we continue to work these issues mostly with individual volunteers until the STA can get the resources to send the director into these areas and work with a crew leader and volunteers to set up crew training, schedules, etc.

But we are doing well with the first crew, thanks to you and all the other volunteers. Hope this answers your question and if someone else reads this and wants to be a crew leader or crew member in one of these zones, please let me know.

Steve "traildust" Barbour
Executive Director, STA
606-584-7744

Check us out at sheltoweetrace.twitter.com and on facebook in the hiking groups under The Sheltowee Trace. Sign up and join the discussion. Become a member of The Sheltowee Trace Association and help us maintain and grow the Trace.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Mapping the Sheltowee Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: