Mapping the Sheltowee Forum Index Archive home

Mapping the Sheltowee
A Guide for the Trails in the BSF and DBNF

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist      Big Turtle Photo Club    
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Clear Creek to White Sulphur trail cleaning!!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Mapping the Sheltowee Forum Index -> General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Tommy - The Tank
in the stride
in the stride

PostPosted: Sat Jul 09, 2011 8:56 pm    Post subject: Clear Creek to White Sulphur trail cleaning!! Reply with quote

I got the first 2 miles of clear creek going up to white sulphur weed wacked and all of the small trees cut up and moved off the trail. There are a few big trees left but are very easy to pass I didn't have nothing that big to cut them up with. This trail is very thick with under growth due to past forest fires. It's still hikable just alot of thorns and undergrowth to where I made it to. I will keep working on this area and give updates.

-Charles Kuralt, On The Road
jbd
merciless pace
merciless pace

PostPosted: Sun Jul 10, 2011 7:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tommy-The tank make sure you report your hours worked to Traildust so he can included it in our report to the FS and add it to our goal of 2,000 volunteer hours for 2011.

Alos thanks for all the work and effort you are contributing to the Sheltowee Trace.
Tommy - The Tank
in the stride
in the stride

PostPosted: Mon Jul 11, 2011 6:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jbd wrote:
Tommy-The tank make sure you report your hours worked to Traildust so he can included it in our report to the FS and add it to our goal of 2,000 volunteer hours for 2011.

Alos thanks for all the work and effort you are contributing to the Sheltowee Trace.

Already have I always turn them in to him before I post. Very Happy

-Charles Kuralt, On The Road
yenty
cub
cub

PostPosted: Wed Aug 24, 2011 11:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Tommy-TheTank for sharing information regarding condition exists on white sulphur trail. We will eagerly waiting for the updates on your work on this trail. Tommy-TheTank as said by jbd your services are really invaluable and your contribution to the sheltowee trace is unimaginable.I hope you keep up the good work in future as well.Will try my best to contribute in whichever way its possible.
mark45
cub
cub

PostPosted: Sun Oct 30, 2011 11:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Clearing all that undergrowth from Clear Creek to White Sulphur – that must have taken some effort and I am sure those 2 miles must have been like 20!! It will certainly be informative for everyone of the Sheltowee Trace to get such updates as and when it is done so that it can be recorded to the FS and help to achieve the goal of 2,000 volunteer hours for the year!! Great work there but we still have a long way to go!!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Mapping the Sheltowee Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: