Mapping the Sheltowee Forum Index Archive home

Mapping the Sheltowee
A Guide for the Trails in the BSF and DBNF

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist      Big Turtle Photo Club    
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

STA Adventures July Outing

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Mapping the Sheltowee Forum Index -> General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Traildust
merciless pace
merciless pace

PostPosted: Fri Jun 24, 2011 10:29 am    Post subject: STA Adventures July Outing Reply with quote

July Outing - Come for the day or the weekend.

Rt 60 Spurlock Trailhead to Rt 1274 - July 15, 16, 17 The perfect weekend overnight outing for all ages. Hike with an experience guide from the ST Rt. 60 Spurlock Farm Trailhead to Clear Creek Lake Campground and on down the trail to the Rt 1274 trailhead where you will be shuttled back to your vehicles at the Cumberland District Office.

Friday July 15: Meetup at Cumberland District Office at 6:30 p.m. where you can drop your car. Shuttle to Spurlock Trailhead (Mile 247.06 in our Trail Guide) and head south on the Sheltowee Trace back to District office, across dam and into Stoney Cove. Camp on Sheltowee Trace at mile 241.16. Late arrivals should meet group here.

Saturday July 16: Leave campsite at 8:00. Saturday starters should be at Stoney Cove and ready to go at 8:00. Hike south on Trace to Clear Creek Trailhead - Clear Creek Picnic area. Late Saturday starters should meet group at Clear Creek Trailhead or Picnic (Mile 231.16) area between 3:00 and 4:00. Continue south on Trace to boulders camp spot at 228.71. Stop for night.

Sunday July 17: Hike out to pickup point at Rt 1274 (mile 221.2Cool. Shuttle back to rides at Cumberland District parking lot.

Total miles: 25.78. Difficulty: Moderate

Participants are required to sign a waiver, have their own equipment and neccessary food for the hike. Partcipants under the age of 18 MUST BE ACCOMPANIED BY A PARENT OF LEGAL GUARDIAN.

Registration information and the waiver form will be available on our website www.sheltoweetrace.org by July 1st.

Check us out at sheltoweetrace.twitter.com and on facebook in the hiking groups under The Sheltowee Trace. Sign up and join the discussion. Become a member of The Sheltowee Trace Association and help us maintain and grow the Trace.
weeanme
in the stride
in the stride

PostPosted: Mon Jul 04, 2011 8:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mr. Dust,
How do I reach you? I was supposed to trail check this section in April but a good portion of this was under water at the time. I just now completed the job. I want to provide my report.

Traildust
merciless pace
merciless pace

PostPosted: Mon Jul 04, 2011 8:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the help with Trailcheck 2011.

To reach me;

Phone: 606-584-7744

Email: director@sheltoweetrace.org.

Thanks for finishing your section. If you can, scan and save to PDF file the forms and send them to me via email. If you can't scan, then mail to

Sheltowee Trace Association
63 Burtonville Rd.
Tollesboro, Ky. 41189

Check us out at sheltoweetrace.twitter.com and on facebook in the hiking groups under The Sheltowee Trace. Sign up and join the discussion. Become a member of The Sheltowee Trace Association and help us maintain and grow the Trace.
weeanme
in the stride
in the stride

PostPosted: Wed Jul 13, 2011 6:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

About how many do you expect this weekend? My wife and I are wanting to join but don't want to overcrowd.
Traildust
merciless pace
merciless pace

PostPosted: Thu Jul 14, 2011 6:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Only a hand full right now. Come on. Will be fun.
PR
merciless pace
merciless pace

PostPosted: Thu Jul 14, 2011 12:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have to work Saturday Sad. Normally I don't go in much on Sat, but this time of year I can't play hooky. Maybe next time!
jbd
merciless pace
merciless pace

PostPosted: Thu Jul 14, 2011 12:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just found out yesterday that I'm working on Saturday as well.
Tommy - The Tank
in the stride
in the stride

PostPosted: Thu Jul 14, 2011 4:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wish I could go but got kid activites all weekend sounds like it would be a great time. Have fun!!

-Charles Kuralt, On The Road
weeanme
in the stride
in the stride

PostPosted: Thu Jul 14, 2011 5:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm in for this hike. My wife can't make it but really wants to. I will see you at Triplett bridge.
Traildust
merciless pace
merciless pace

PostPosted: Thu Jul 14, 2011 6:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok.
Traildust
merciless pace
merciless pace

PostPosted: Fri Jul 15, 2011 10:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mike and Dave from Morehead are committed. The three of us have moved the departure time up in case you are coming - 4:30 at Spurlock Trailhead on U.S. 60. We should be at Cumberland Ranger office by 6:30 if you want to meet up there or camping on the Sheltowee Trace south of Stoney Cove. If you got time on Saturday for a hike or overnight meet us at Clear Creek Lake Picnic area noon to 2, we are older hikers, and hike with us down the trail a piece.

If you can't make it this time, we hope to see you next time.

traildust
606-584-7744

Traildust
merciless pace
merciless pace

PostPosted: Sun Jul 17, 2011 7:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Had a great time with Mike Campbell and Dave Dummer both from Morehead area. Got about 25 miles in. Sadly too many blowdowns on the Sheltowee Trace going south out of Stoney Cove and Cave Run Lake. They have been reported but not optimistic that the FS will clear. We will also need some volunteers to work the trail from Clear Creek Lake south to 1274 where we have serious weeds growing shrinking the tread. We hope to get folks to come out in August to make a weekend of it and help. Stay tuned.

traildust

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Mapping the Sheltowee Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: