Mapping the Sheltowee Forum Index Archive home

Mapping the Sheltowee
A Guide for the Trails in the BSF and DBNF

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist      Big Turtle Photo Club    
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Sheltowee Extreme 3

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Mapping the Sheltowee Forum Index -> General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
PR
merciless pace
merciless pace

PostPosted: Thu Jun 23, 2011 11:33 am    Post subject: Sheltowee Extreme 3 Reply with quote

The Sheltowee Extreme 3 Adv Race goes off July 30th @ Cave Run. Check the website for race and registration details. It's likely that almost all of the course will be near the Sheltowee Trace, but maybe very little of it will be on the Sheltowee Trace. (Sad to say!)

I've got to get some mileage in, or I'll never make it!
jbd
merciless pace
merciless pace

PostPosted: Thu Jun 23, 2011 11:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

PR,

I've got the perfect training program for you. I saw it on TV the other day and thought of you while watching the show. Its called the Tour Divide. Its a mountain bike ride/race that goes from Banff Canada to the US-Mexican border in New Mexico. Its a touch over 2700 miles long. I think it takes close to a month to complete.
PR
merciless pace
merciless pace

PostPosted: Thu Jun 23, 2011 2:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm in awe of those people. I don't think I could maintain the focus, much less reach the fitness level needed. That stuff is kinda like hiking the AT for me; I'd have to be retired to get that time off, and by the time I get to retire I may be at the stage of life where a walker is needed!
jbd
merciless pace
merciless pace

PostPosted: Thu Jun 23, 2011 8:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It was really interesting to hear the riders talk about the psychological aspect of that race. Psychology knocked out more riders than injuries or lack of physical ability.

Maybe you could do your job via computer kind of like working from home via the internet Laughing
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Mapping the Sheltowee Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: