Mapping the Sheltowee Forum Index Archive home

Mapping the Sheltowee
A Guide for the Trails in the BSF and DBNF

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist      Big Turtle Photo Club    
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

2011 Motorized Vehicle Utilization Maps

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Mapping the Sheltowee Forum Index -> General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Traildust
merciless pace
merciless pace

PostPosted: Tue Jan 18, 2011 11:30 am    Post subject: 2011 Motorized Vehicle Utilization Maps Reply with quote

The MVUM is a requirement of the Travel Management Final Rule and reflects travel management decisions on each forest. The MVUM displays National Forest System (NFS) routes (roads and trails) or areas designated open to motorized travel. The MVUM also displays allowed uses by vehicle class (highway-legal vehicles, vehicles less than 50 inches wide and motorcycles), seasonal allowances and provides information on other travel rules and regulations. Routes not shown on the MVUM are not open to public motor vehicle travel. Routes designated for motorized use may not always be signed on the ground but will be identified on the MVUM. It will be the public’s responsibility to reference the MVUM to determine designated routes for motor vehicle use.

The MVUM will be updated to correct mapping errors or discrepancies and update travel decisions. The 2011 maps are now available; see links below.

The MVUM is a black and white map with no topographic features. It is not a stand alone map and is best used in conjunction with a Forest Visitor Map or other topographic map. The MVUM is free to the public at each local Ranger District office and at the Winchester Supervisor’s Office. The MVUM is available on this website and sections of it may be printed from your home computer.

http://www.fs.fed.us/r8/boone/maps/mvum.shtml

Check us out at sheltoweetrace.twitter.com and on facebook in the hiking groups under The Sheltowee Trace. Sign up and join the discussion. Become a member of The Sheltowee Trace Association and help us maintain and grow the Trace.
mark45
cub
cub

PostPosted: Mon Oct 31, 2011 5:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That was a very informative write-up about the 2011 Motorized Vehicle Utilization Maps (MVUM) and I am sure that now that these maps are available it will be easy for people to identify the different routes of both roads and trails! This will prove to be so useful for people who are planning to go on hikes and other travel!! This is new information for me and I am sure that I can use it for my hiking trip later in the year!!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Mapping the Sheltowee Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: