Mapping the Sheltowee Forum Index Archive home

Mapping the Sheltowee
A Guide for the Trails in the BSF and DBNF

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist      Big Turtle Photo Club    
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Shuttle Service in Morehead/Cave Run Area

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Mapping the Sheltowee Forum Index -> General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Sterling925
cub
cub

PostPosted: Wed Oct 16, 2013 4:05 pm    Post subject: Shuttle Service in Morehead/Cave Run Area Reply with quote

Greetings! Looking for a Shuttle from FS Ranger Station at Cave Run to the Northern Terminus. Any ideas? Looking for a ride this Friday 10/18. Thanks!
Traildust
merciless pace
merciless pace

PostPosted: Sat Oct 26, 2013 12:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry I didn't see this til today. Hope you got a ride. Just so folks know, if you need a shuttle the best thing to do is call the STA office at 6063863636. We can make it happen.

Traildust

Check us out at sheltoweetrace.twitter.com and on facebook in the hiking groups under The Sheltowee Trace. Sign up and join the discussion. Become a member of The Sheltowee Trace Association and help us maintain and grow the Trace.
Hillbilly Wanderer2
cub
cub

PostPosted: Thu Nov 14, 2013 11:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey Traildust we have talked several times about riding the ST on horseback. I am looking to make a weekend maybe 3 day ride very soon. Working out where to leave my truck and trailer is a bigger obstical than I thought. One could take two truck trailers and park at each end of the proposed riding sections. Not sure that is even a option and what about the saftey of the vehicles. Not sure this is option but figured I would ask. What about having someone local to pick up the truck and trailer and leave it at end of section to be completed at a certain date? Sounds like a lot to ask. Thought someone may be interested in it if there was money in it for them. What do you think? Know of anyone who would fit the bill for this? Thanks for any info that can be offered.
Traildust
merciless pace
merciless pace

PostPosted: Sat Nov 16, 2013 5:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hill billy. When exactly are you going to make this ride. I am sure we can find someone who can move your truck - trailer for you. Question is where do you want the trailer? No place to park at Rt 32. Last time riders went up 32 toward Interstate and meet their trailer there. Safest and best place to pull plug is at Big Perry gravel road with little traffic.
Check us out at sheltoweetrace.twitter.com and on facebook in the hiking groups under The Sheltowee Trace. Sign up and join the discussion. Become a member of The Sheltowee Trace Association and help us maintain and grow the Trace.
Hillbilly Wanderer2
cub
cub

PostPosted: Sun Nov 17, 2013 2:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for info Steve, not sure on date all I can say is ASAP. Hoping for this coming weekend or next. All just depends on work/home life. As for the truck deal I really just am not sure what I will do. Spoke with some people at the trail conference this weekend about the trails and feel I can cover all 23+ miles to hwy 23 in first day. I know a few people around there, have to see what I can come up with for places to park. See how many I can get to ride with me first. Hoping for at least two of us going will be safer that way. Thanks for offer as soon as I figure out what's going on I will let you know. I know you are busy this weekend, hope you guys have fun. Again, thanks for the help Steve.
Traildust
merciless pace
merciless pace

PostPosted: Thu Nov 28, 2013 12:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

How did this turn out? Can you give us some follow up?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Mapping the Sheltowee Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: