Mapping the Sheltowee Forum Index Archive home

Mapping the Sheltowee
A Guide for the Trails in the BSF and DBNF

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist      Big Turtle Photo Club    
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Waypoints on Croomer Ridge

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Mapping the Sheltowee Forum Index -> GPS Track and Waypoint Files
View previous topic :: View next topic  
WC4V
on trail
on trail

PostPosted: Mon Apr 14, 2008 11:17 am    Post subject: Waypoints on Croomer Ridge Reply with quote

We will be hiking from 192 north to I-75. Does anyone have waypoints to help navigate through Croomer Ridge?
I.B.Me
merciless pace
merciless pace

PostPosted: Mon Apr 14, 2008 1:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hopefully someone here will help you with a gps track of this area but if not:
When you drop your vehicle at I-75, snap a waypoint there and drive up the rough hill if you have a vehicle with some ground clearance and snap a few more. The signage is non-existant in this section but when you are driving up the hill from I-75 bear left and stop when the road gets rough (you will know it when you see it.) about 1/2 mile from I-75. Take another snap at that point. If you cannot drive up the hill, its OK you will still be able to find I-75 if you snapped that first waypoint at your car. Heading north you should not have a problem finding your I-75 waypoint.

Notes:
Good trail to follow from 192 to hwy 80.
When you cross hwy 80 you zig to the west about 100 yards.
When you ascend onto gravel road nearing Croomer ridge head generally toward your waypoint at I-75. If you pass a burned out greyhound bus, you are on the wrong road and have went too far south.

Again it is not dificult to find I-75 going north. However, It is very dificult to find the trail from I-75 going south.

Good luck,
Rick

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Mapping the Sheltowee Forum Index -> GPS Track and Waypoint Files All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: