Mapping the Sheltowee Forum Index Archive home

Mapping the Sheltowee
A Guide for the Trails in the BSF and DBNF

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist      Big Turtle Photo Club    
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Krentucky Trail

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Mapping the Sheltowee Forum Index -> General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
JTG
cub
cub

PostPosted: Mon Feb 23, 2015 8:02 pm    Post subject: Krentucky Trail Reply with quote

Hi Everyone, I need some info on the Kentucky Trail at the intersection of the JMT ( Burke Knob area ) of Big South Fork. I cant seem to find much on it. I'm planning on a trip 1st day of March 2015, leaving Leatherwood via JMT. If anyone knows this trail, your help would be appreciated.
JTG
cub
cub

PostPosted: Sun Mar 08, 2015 4:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I did make the March 1 trip and it was an adventure. A ice storm the week before had left the trail from Leatherwood with trees down across the trail every .25 mile. I became pretty good at rerouting, but slowed our progress considerably. Day 3 sitting above the Hog Lot I got the weather update showing a statewide weather warning, more rain, ice , snow and lows in single digits. I choose to hold up and see if it would miss us. I didn't!! Bailed out after the storm across the ridge to angel falls to Leatherwoods heated bathroom. Truck that we left at trail head, bridge crossing Hwy92 had been towed because of flooding of Cumberland, $50.00 pretty reasonable to save a truck.
Warning to mountain bikers, take a chain saw!

I intend on going back next week to pick up and finish this section and I'm still looking for info on the KY trail, if anyone has knowledge of this trail I would appreciate your help.
Captain Blue
cub
cub

PostPosted: Mon Mar 09, 2015 9:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the update. This week I am hiking from Bandy Creek Campground to Leatherwood Ford south on the Sheltowee Trace. Is there the area where you found downed trees? Our route includes the section from Leatherwood Ford to Angel Falls Overlook.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Mapping the Sheltowee Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: