Mapping the Sheltowee Forum Index Archive home

Mapping the Sheltowee
A Guide for the Trails in the BSF and DBNF

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist      Big Turtle Photo Club    
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Request for help

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Mapping the Sheltowee Forum Index -> General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Traildust
merciless pace
merciless pace

PostPosted: Sun Feb 15, 2015 8:36 pm    Post subject: Request for help Reply with quote

The STA office has received this request for help.

"I need some help. I backpacked in sheltowee back in college. I am coming back with my son from Lincoln Nebraska. I am looking for a specific canyon we stayed in one night. This canyon had a large altar set up against the canyon wall. I did not get pictures of this artifact and it has always haunted me. The stone table was overgrown with old vines when I discover it. I do not know if it is a commonly visited artifact.
We entered the trace around Slade I believe. There were signs for the Natural Bridge. I am looking for information or resources to narrow my search for this canyon. Any help you could give me would be greatly appreciated. Other things I remember about the canyon were that it had two waterfalls trickling from above on either side and a large cube cut out of the rock near by where we set up our tents.
Thank you."

Check us out at sheltoweetrace.twitter.com and on facebook in the hiking groups under The Sheltowee Trace. Sign up and join the discussion. Become a member of The Sheltowee Trace Association and help us maintain and grow the Trace.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Mapping the Sheltowee Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: