Mapping the Sheltowee Forum Index Archive home

Mapping the Sheltowee
A Guide for the Trails in the BSF and DBNF

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist      Big Turtle Photo Club    
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Prescribed burns in BSF
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Mapping the Sheltowee Forum Index -> General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
10-k
on trail
on trail

PostPosted: Thu Mar 21, 2013 5:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

And a great 56 miles it is! I really enjoyed the section between WC and BSF a lot.
Blk3fan
cub
cub

PostPosted: Fri Mar 22, 2013 11:12 am    Post subject: Pickett to Yamacraw Reply with quote

I completed my trek from Pickett to Yamacraw yesterday. I know, when I get a chance, I will hike to the new terminus. lol. Nice hike going the old way, though. The deepest ford at the 5.86 mile point was up to my knees. There was a section during the woods walk that could have been blazed better. The trail gets thin heading north to Great Meadows. Overall, the blazing was great and I never really had to look at the book. No problems with blowdowns. I did detour around the ford near Yamacraw. The water was rolling pretty good and the temp was 23 degrees overnight.

I did the "boulder dance" at Bark Camp last year. I use a long hiking staff instead of trekking poles. That staff is my best friend out there!
Ewker
merciless pace
merciless pace

PostPosted: Fri Mar 22, 2013 3:47 pm    Post subject: Re: Pickett to Yamacraw Reply with quote

Blk3fan wrote:
I completed my trek from Pickett to Yamacraw yesterday. I know, when I get a chance, I will hike to the new terminus. lol. Nice hike going the old way, though. The deepest ford at the 5.86 mile point was up to my knees. There was a section during the woods walk that could have been blazed better. The trail gets thin heading north to Great Meadows. Overall, the blazing was great and I never really had to look at the book. No problems with blowdowns. I did detour around the ford near Yamacraw. The water was rolling pretty good and the temp was 23 degrees overnight.

I did the "boulder dance" at Bark Camp last year. I use a long hiking staff instead of trekking poles. That staff is my best friend out there!

glad you had a good trip. Got any pics to share?

Blk3fan
cub
cub

PostPosted: Mon Mar 25, 2013 5:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have about 100 pics but can't seem to get any to upload to the big turtle photo club.
Ewker
merciless pace
merciless pace

PostPosted: Thu Mar 28, 2013 10:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I thought someone was going to fix it so folks could upload pics
Traildust
merciless pace
merciless pace

PostPosted: Thu Mar 28, 2013 11:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The .com site is due for a major upgrade in the next couple months. Hold the photos for the new page if it is not working now.
++

Check us out at sheltoweetrace.twitter.com and on facebook in the hiking groups under The Sheltowee Trace. Sign up and join the discussion. Become a member of The Sheltowee Trace Association and help us maintain and grow the Trace.
Ewker
merciless pace
merciless pace

PostPosted: Wed Apr 03, 2013 9:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Traildust wrote:
The .com site is due for a major upgrade in the next couple months. Hold the photos for the new page if it is not working now.
++

can't wait for the upgrade to site

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Mapping the Sheltowee Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: