Mapping the Sheltowee Forum Index Archive home

Mapping the Sheltowee
A Guide for the Trails in the BSF and DBNF

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist      Big Turtle Photo Club    
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Sheltowee Bikepacking - Memorial Day weekend

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Mapping the Sheltowee Forum Index -> General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ranger_render
cub
cub

PostPosted: Fri May 28, 2010 9:24 am    Post subject: Sheltowee Bikepacking - Memorial Day weekend Reply with quote

My riding partner just bailed, so I'm looking for someone who would like to do a 3 day, ~90 mile bike packing trip this weekend. Plan is to start at the Northern Terminus on Saturday 5/28 (yes, that's tomorrow) and ride to Cave Run Lake where we would camp. Then ride some of the trails at Cave Run on Sunday before heading south again and eventually ending at the Corner Ridge parking lot on Monday. If you are interested please contact Austin @ 502-386-2377

Thanks!

gagagopher
cub
cub

PostPosted: Thu Apr 21, 2011 8:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I realize that this is an old post, but I was searching for someone to go biking during Memorial Day Weekend 2011. I'm not bold enough to put my phone number up here, but if someone wants to message me on here that would be great. I'm an intermediate bike rider, and don't mind riding for a few miles. Is there a ton of people on the trails during memorial day weekend?
Traildust
merciless pace
merciless pace

PostPosted: Thu Apr 21, 2011 10:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Red River Gorge will most likely be the most used part of the Sheltowee during Memorial Day weekend. Cave Run will get a lot of use as well. Nice riding down at Laurel Lake which is near London Ky.
Check us out at sheltoweetrace.twitter.com and on facebook in the hiking groups under The Sheltowee Trace. Sign up and join the discussion. Become a member of The Sheltowee Trace Association and help us maintain and grow the Trace.
jbd
merciless pace
merciless pace

PostPosted: Fri Apr 22, 2011 1:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maybe PR will see this. He does some bike riding on the trail. Or you may want to send him a PM.
PR
merciless pace
merciless pace

PostPosted: Sat Apr 23, 2011 6:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I usually get out on the sheltowee once or twice weekly, but it has'nt been dry enough to mtb around here for awhlle. (Say since April started!). The lake trail is likely the only ridable place down here in seky right now. Let me to talk to mission control and see what our plans are for memorial day weekend.

I will likely either mtb at the lake trail this weekend, or get a road ride or two in. Livingston to Mckee is a great road run.
domas
cub
cub

PostPosted: Sun May 22, 2011 4:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

PR wrote:
I usually get out on the sheltowee once or twice weekly, but herpes zoster it has'nt been dry enough to mtb around here for awhlle. (Say since April started! quotes about life). The lake interstitial cystitis gestational diabetes trail is likely the only ridable place down here in seky right now. Let me to talk to mission control and see what our plans are for memorial day weekend.

I will likely either mtb at the lake trail this weekend, or get a road ride or two in. Livingston to Mckee is a great road run.

How long is that track.. I heard it is about 56 miles or shall we say 2 hours of pleasure driving Very Happy Is that true..?
Adrastos
cub
cub

PostPosted: Fri Oct 28, 2011 5:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It looks like everyone’s making plans for Memorial Day and I am sure that there will be no shortage for companions during that time!! All the bike packing trails look pretty interesting and there are quite a few options if anyone had any doubts on which route to take!! I would have really been interested but saw the post quite late!! I would really love to do a couple of days ride – if anyone is looking for a companion, I’d be more than willing!! I am looking for movers nj who has trucks to get a few ok my bike's shifted, which could be the best choice?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Mapping the Sheltowee Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: