Mapping the Sheltowee Forum Index Archive home

Mapping the Sheltowee
A Guide for the Trails in the BSF and DBNF

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist      Big Turtle Photo Club    
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Section hike info please!
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Mapping the Sheltowee Forum Index -> General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Kykind
cub
cub

PostPosted: Sat Sep 24, 2011 11:12 pm    Post subject: Thanks! Reply with quote

I appreciate everyone's input on this. I expect some road hiking but have decided to begin at hwy 60 crossing at Triplett creek. I'm hoping this will cut out a little of the road and area with little or no water. I am so excited to get going. My son has been running cross country so he will probably outlast me. I am a little nervous about the private property but we are respectful and want to stay on the trail. I have a compass but my orienteering skills are not too good but I hope to figure it out by the time we go in two weeks.
Does anyone think we will have trouble staying on track? I have the throughhikers manual so that should help. Any way thank you all so much and anything else anyone has to add would be great. When we get back I will post a nice journal with pics for all to enjoy!!!
Thanks,
Ky kind
Traildust
merciless pace
merciless pace

PostPosted: Sun Sep 25, 2011 9:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You will not have a problem staying on track in this section. Lots of blazes on trees, white diamonds with black turtle and new ones that have a red turtle and the words sheltowee trace national recreational trail. At 60 you walk straight across the field. The swinging bridge may have some tall weeds around it but when you get to the south end, look to your one o'clock and your will see across the field a gap on the edge where there is a creek . Cross the creek look for blaze on post straight ahead and then make left and trail runs along the edge of the hill up the hollar and you are off. When you get to the top of the hill, turn right look for blaze and you are going south. From there, just follow the signs/blazes.

If you have trouble give me a call 606-584-7744. We have lots of folks our there who live in the area who will help you. Take lots of pics and report trail conditions to us please.

Check us out at sheltoweetrace.twitter.com and on facebook in the hiking groups under The Sheltowee Trace. Sign up and join the discussion. Become a member of The Sheltowee Trace Association and help us maintain and grow the Trace.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Mapping the Sheltowee Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: