Mapping the Sheltowee Forum Index Archive home

Mapping the Sheltowee
A Guide for the Trails in the BSF and DBNF

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist      Big Turtle Photo Club    
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

National Public Lands Day - September 24, 2011

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Mapping the Sheltowee Forum Index -> General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Traildust
merciless pace
merciless pace

PostPosted: Fri Jul 15, 2011 8:29 am    Post subject: National Public Lands Day - September 24, 2011 Reply with quote

The Sheltowee Trace Association is planning a variety of activities in support of National Public Lands Day, September 24, 2011. The National Environmental Education Foundation’s National Public Lands Day (NPLD) is the largest one-day volunteer event in support of public lands. More than 2,000 sites in all 50 states and the District of Columbia will host a wide array of activities. The volunteer efforts will equal more than $15 million in improvements.

NPLD, a program of the National Environmental Education Foundation, supports the goals of First Lady Michelle Obama’s Let’s Move Outside initiative by offering activities at sites around the country to reconnect Americans to the outdoors and encourage family recreation.

Stay in touch here and thru our website for details of planned activities. IN the meantime, save the date and plan on participating.

Check us out at sheltoweetrace.twitter.com and on facebook in the hiking groups under The Sheltowee Trace. Sign up and join the discussion. Become a member of The Sheltowee Trace Association and help us maintain and grow the Trace.
yenty
cub
cub

PostPosted: Wed Aug 24, 2011 11:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I will be always eagerly wait for this type of volunteer activities. Very rarely we come across this type of volunteer programs. I hope this program will really help in achieving the goals of Michelle obama and at the same time help in encouraging family recreation. I have saved time and date of the event and eagerly waiting for the entire details, since I am much eager to be part of this event.
veela-valoom
merciless pace
merciless pace

PostPosted: Mon Sep 12, 2011 3:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's a weekend I'm actually not working so keep us posted about stuff going on.

(Yes I've been absentee for a long spell. Very busy lately!)
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Mapping the Sheltowee Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: