Mapping the Sheltowee Forum Index Archive home

Mapping the Sheltowee
A Guide for the Trails in the BSF and DBNF

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist      Big Turtle Photo Club    
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Hey Traildust

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Mapping the Sheltowee Forum Index -> General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jbd
merciless pace
merciless pace

PostPosted: Fri Jul 08, 2011 12:40 pm    Post subject: Hey Traildust Reply with quote

You can put me down for 4 hours of trail work today. I worked on the section from KY 32 to the big blow down that blocks the trail.( The place we stopped last time we worked on this section)

I did some weed wacking fom the road up to the woods and did some pruning along the way to the blow downs. Most of the stuff now is easy to step over. I focused on anything that needed to be climbed over. I finished clearing all the over growth by the big blow down and started cutting on it. Both the uphill and downhill sides of that tree are a little over halfway cut through. Close to 2,000 saw strokes on that one tree. I figure another 2,000 to 3,000 saw strokes and it will be done.

Next trip up there I'm going to use an axe to notch the cuts so there isn't any binding of the saw blade.

I started at 8:00 am and finished at noon. I got out just before the really hard rain hit. Very Happy
Traildust
merciless pace
merciless pace

PostPosted: Fri Jul 08, 2011 6:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the good work. Was wondering if the rain stopped you today. Glad to get that tree cleared. Maybe I can get over and finish the work. Want to get a metal pole and blaze at the Rt32 location. Need to also paint the concrete barrier. I have asked FS for a blaze stencil so we shall see.
Check us out at sheltoweetrace.twitter.com and on facebook in the hiking groups under The Sheltowee Trace. Sign up and join the discussion. Become a member of The Sheltowee Trace Association and help us maintain and grow the Trace.
jbd
merciless pace
merciless pace

PostPosted: Fri Jul 08, 2011 9:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I kind of touched up the marker on the concrete barrier. Its not a real neat job but it is much more noticeable from the trail above the road.

Not sure if we can drive a post there or not due to the rock. I did paint one kind of small rock and put it at the trail.

I missed most of the rain and the tree canopy sheltered me form most of what did fall while I was there.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Mapping the Sheltowee Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: