Mapping the Sheltowee Forum Index Archive home

Mapping the Sheltowee
A Guide for the Trails in the BSF and DBNF

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist      Big Turtle Photo Club    
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

D. Boone Hut at RRG

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Mapping the Sheltowee Forum Index -> General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jasonmgaines
cub
cub

PostPosted: Thu Jun 02, 2011 11:18 am    Post subject: D. Boone Hut at RRG Reply with quote

Has anyone hiked the D. Boone Hut trail at the Gorge? If so, where does the trail begin. I was there over the weekend and parked at the Hut parking area (which is separate but near the Gray's Arch parking) and found a trail at the rear of that parking area. It didnt really go anywhere though. Where is the trail for the Hut? Do I have to take the trail from the Gray's Arch area? Isn't there a separate trailhead? Thanks.
Walkin'man
in the stride
in the stride

PostPosted: Tue Jun 07, 2011 11:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's been a while since I've hiked it, but I seem to remember it being there on the west end of the parking lot. The other end of the trail comes out on Rough Trail, which you get to via Grey's Arch trail, so you can always find it that way.

Here's a link to a trial map if you don't already have one....

http://rrgtoday.com/maps.html

drkolpek
cub
cub

PostPosted: Thu Jun 30, 2011 3:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Walkin'man is correct. To be more specific, the trailhead for D.Boone Hut trail is right at the western end of the parking loop (60 yard loop) for Grey's Arch on the northern side of Tunnel Ridge Road. The trailhead is just about right where the parking loop comes back to the main Tunnel Ridge road (within about 15-20 feet). Also, you should see an additional square-ish parking lot just off the end of the parking loop and this would be the closest place to park for this trailhead. The trail starts off going west paralleling Tunnel Ridge Road and drops down fairly quickly.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Mapping the Sheltowee Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: