Mapping the Sheltowee Forum Index Archive home

Mapping the Sheltowee
A Guide for the Trails in the BSF and DBNF

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist      Big Turtle Photo Club    
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

looking for a trail from ST to Blue Heron *updated*

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Mapping the Sheltowee Forum Index -> General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Takaaco
cub
cub

PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2012 2:39 am    Post subject: looking for a trail from ST to Blue Heron *updated* Reply with quote

Trying to find a way if hiking north. to get from the ST over to Blue Heron without doing alot of back tracking or bushwacking.

anyone know if there is a connecting trail?

(Blue Heron = McCreary Co)

Last edited by Takaaco on Mon Mar 26, 2012 1:01 am; edited 1 time in total
Traildust
merciless pace
merciless pace

PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2012 9:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Where are you starting from? The Kentucky Trail will get your there but you have to get off the Sheltowee Trace at Beech Grove Wilson Ridge Road and go down Wilson Ridge where the KT runs along the road and you then head back south on the KT to Blue Heron.

Get the South Map set from the Sheltowee Trace Association and you can see in map 2 what I am talking about. www.sheltoweetrace.org

Check us out at sheltoweetrace.twitter.com and on facebook in the hiking groups under The Sheltowee Trace. Sign up and join the discussion. Become a member of The Sheltowee Trace Association and help us maintain and grow the Trace.
Adler
cub
cub

PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2012 11:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Your shared link is full of information which i need for. I must say bundle of thanks for sharing and helping us, I hope you will keep update us in future. Thanks
Takaaco
cub
cub

PostPosted: Mon Mar 26, 2012 12:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well I hiked it out today and found the connecting trail from the ST down to Blue Heron. Here is what I came up with: (if heading north)

1: Exit STtrail at around mile marker 26.5, turn south travel down Beech Grove Rd about 3/4 mile.
2: Exit Beech Grove Rd. small foot path leading through small field into forest.
3: Join the Kentucky Trail, (take trail right to Blue Heron / take trail left to Yamacraw Bridge (approximate time from 1-3 25min)
4: Turn left off KT over tipple bridge into Blue Heron or stay on KT to head back south to TN.
5: Arrive at Blue Heron. travel tine 55min (with a 7 year old in tow) If you want to you can take the train tracks north along the river to Yamacraw and avoid crossing Rock Creek.

Sheltowee Trace Trail
Detour
Kentucky Trail

Traildust
merciless pace
merciless pace

PostPosted: Mon Mar 26, 2012 9:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

thanks . glad it worked out for you.
Check us out at sheltoweetrace.twitter.com and on facebook in the hiking groups under The Sheltowee Trace. Sign up and join the discussion. Become a member of The Sheltowee Trace Association and help us maintain and grow the Trace.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Mapping the Sheltowee Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: