Mapping the Sheltowee Forum Index Archive home

Mapping the Sheltowee
A Guide for the Trails in the BSF and DBNF

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist      Big Turtle Photo Club    
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

VOLUNTEERS NEEDED FOR NATIONAL PUBLIC LANDS DAY PROJECTS
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Mapping the Sheltowee Forum Index -> General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jbd
merciless pace
merciless pace

PostPosted: Sun Sep 25, 2011 1:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shame on me--I forgot to mention Gary Jennings.

Also Ricks dog Jack was with us. If you would like to see Jack, read the thru hike journal written by I.B.me.
Walkin'man
in the stride
in the stride

PostPosted: Tue Oct 18, 2011 11:11 pm    Post subject: Bark Camp Creek Shelter cleaned up Reply with quote

I made it down last week to Bark Camp to do some cleanup; luckily it didn't need much. I didn't make it down there until a little after 1PM, and didn't get to the shelter until 3:40.

I'm not sure where the old trail from the end of FS Rd 551 went, but they've blazed a new trail from the new bridge area and it's a least 2.5 miles, and heavy on the ups and downs. It was a bear getting my brush cutter in there.

The area around the shelter really didn't need much; most of it had already died back, but I went over it pretty good so hopefully it'll pay off in the spring.

Unfortunately, I didn't get to Starr shelter, and it probably needed it worse from what we saw in Aug.

I did manage to get in a couple of days hiking while I was there. I'll post a trip report soon.

jbd
merciless pace
merciless pace

PostPosted: Wed Oct 19, 2011 10:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Walkin'man--thanks for your work. Whether its a whole lot that gets done or a small amount that gets done it all is really appreciated very much.
Traildust
merciless pace
merciless pace

PostPosted: Sun Oct 23, 2011 7:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thanks walk'in man. We will get to Starr Shelter in November or if a volunteer wants to hike in via Dog Slaughter on a day trip it would be appreciated. Sure the campsite down front needs cleared and the fire ring stumps stood back up. Amazing how we create a place to sit and people tear it down for fire wood.
Check us out at sheltoweetrace.twitter.com and on facebook in the hiking groups under The Sheltowee Trace. Sign up and join the discussion. Become a member of The Sheltowee Trace Association and help us maintain and grow the Trace.
yingxuy
cub
cub

PostPosted: Wed Dec 21, 2011 9:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I tell these people before, they do not work to me, but I wanted to prove to them. It does not work is a waste of time, I had to cancel my plan has been in place for some time.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Mapping the Sheltowee Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: