Mapping the Sheltowee Forum Index Archive home

Mapping the Sheltowee
A Guide for the Trails in the BSF and DBNF

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist      Big Turtle Photo Club    
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

I-75 to S-Tree campground

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Mapping the Sheltowee Forum Index -> Photographs of Trail Conditions & Environs
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Outcasthiker
cub
cub

PostPosted: Sat Feb 13, 2010 2:33 pm    Post subject: I-75 to S-Tree campground Reply with quote

We got cut short on this hike, but we did get to hike in rain, sleet, and snow. Horse Lick Creek is way over my head so we had to hike around it. You can see pics and story on my blog. Outcasthikers.com
PR
merciless pace
merciless pace

PostPosted: Sun Feb 14, 2010 9:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You guys have made it to my neck of the woods. Given the trail conditions around whiteoak right now, it was probably a good idea to bail out to 89. I realize that the usfs budget for the sheltowee is limited, but I wish they could either purchase or swap land for a trail reroute that used the whiteoak bridge, and then (re)connected with the existing trail going into stree.

Had you been able to get across the creek, you would've entered a big atv mudhole section. Actually a railbuggy mudhole section. Bad stuff in wet weather for sure. This past spring myself and three young whppersnappers set out from the 80 trailhead (London) on mtbs. About 8hrs later we rolled onto 421. It damn near killed me, and the whippersnappers too. We made good time until we got to whiteoak, then we could'nt get in! Having a truck parked at 421 was great motivation!

What kinda hammocks do ya'll have? I've been using a dd.

If ya'll start again from stree, send me a post, and I'll give ya some current trail info. And if you can put up with a cranky old man (possibly traveling with a giant 10yr old), I might tag along for a day or two.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Mapping the Sheltowee Forum Index -> Photographs of Trail Conditions & Environs All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: