Mapping the Sheltowee Forum Index Archive home

Mapping the Sheltowee
A Guide for the Trails in the BSF and DBNF

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist      Big Turtle Photo Club    
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Natural Bridge

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Mapping the Sheltowee Forum Index -> General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Traildust
merciless pace
merciless pace

PostPosted: Tue Jul 28, 2009 9:18 am    Post subject: Natural Bridge Reply with quote

No trouble finding the NRT markings along the road. Need some clarification on where the trail goes once you cross the parking lot and go down the hill toward the lake. Heading south, where is The Trace heading? We need to immediately get the State Parks folks to get some signs up to help us out. NO ONE hiking this past Sunday had heard of The Trace, which doesn't surprise me.

traildust
swbarbour@gmail.com

Check us out at sheltoweetrace.twitter.com and on facebook in the hiking groups under The Sheltowee Trace. Sign up and join the discussion. Become a member of The Sheltowee Trace Association and help us maintain and grow the Trace.
Boyd
BOONE-ified GPS DUDE
BOONE-ified GPS DUDE

PostPosted: Tue Jul 28, 2009 10:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ya the trail is signed differently inside the state park. The park doesn't promote it too well i think.

A lot of hikers in the park probably are from out of state or not really big thru hikers, so they'd probably not know much about the ST.

Hey Traildust...how's your thru hike shaping up? As you know, all thruhikers get their own journals here too!

Traildust
merciless pace
merciless pace

PostPosted: Wed Jul 29, 2009 8:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

if it will stop raining so I can complete my chores around the farm I can go. shooting to start from NT this weekend.

Boyd please PM me your name, email and phone. Need it for the September meeting. thanks

Check us out at sheltoweetrace.twitter.com and on facebook in the hiking groups under The Sheltowee Trace. Sign up and join the discussion. Become a member of The Sheltowee Trace Association and help us maintain and grow the Trace.
jbd
merciless pace
merciless pace

PostPosted: Wed Jul 29, 2009 9:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The rain is really hindering me from getting a lot of things done on my small farm and it may be messing with my plans for working on the trail. I had been counting on the typical fairly hot, dry weather to slow vegtation growth so I could keep moving into new areas, but the NT thread by Kendo seems to indicate that I need to start over again.

Hopefully the Morehead biking club is using the trail near the Triplett Creek bridge. The area where the trail enters the woods there needs some weed chopping already.
Traildust
merciless pace
merciless pace

PostPosted: Wed Jul 29, 2009 11:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yep. Rain is a blessed curse. Just had another half inch in Burtonville, Lewis County from 1130 to 1200. Trying to build a run-in shed for horses that are waiting to come. Was by Triplett Bridge on Sunday and it didn't look to bad but the forest can reclaim a trail in a week or two if wet weather sets in. Natural Bridge trails were overgrown with ferns and other stuff.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Mapping the Sheltowee Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: