Mapping the Sheltowee Forum Index Archive home

Mapping the Sheltowee
A Guide for the Trails in the BSF and DBNF

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist      Big Turtle Photo Club    
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Red River Gorge to Corner Ridge Road

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Mapping the Sheltowee Forum Index -> jonaharalia
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jonaharalia
on trail
on trail

PostPosted: Sun Jun 01, 2008 12:23 am    Post subject: Red River Gorge to Corner Ridge Road Reply with quote

May 20, 2008
Corner Ridge Road

Miles: 14.5
Entered Red River Gorge Recreational Area last evening and camped well off the trail in a clearing under oaks and pine. Slept well after firing up alcohol stove and having my tea and rice. A little concerned about leaving Natural Bridge with only a day's worth of food and looking towards the possibility of general stores on Highway 77. Entered Pinch 'Em Tight trail and crossed Right Fork Chimney Top Creek, had some more tea there as well. I will trace the Trace with my tea breaks. Some of the better views of the Trace nearing Clifty Wilderness and Gladie Creek before descending past a handsome arch. Great camping spots near confluence of Gladie Creek and Salt Fork and actually saw another hiker, a rarity in these parts, who said he would walk a little up the trail to see if Cave Run Lake were there. Try two days more, son. Followed old railroad grade out of Clifty and decided to camp in grass flat near trailhead sign on Corner Ridge Road. Offered the flatest camping around and last spot before long road march.
daavidfischer
cub
cub

PostPosted: Fri Nov 08, 2013 3:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The red river gorge recreational area is a unique, scenic natural area, and thousands of visitors are reaching there every year. We were lucky to visit there once and it is a pleasant scene for every one's eyes. I will surely recommend this place to everyone.

Thanks
www.homeimprovementgenius.com
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Mapping the Sheltowee Forum Index -> jonaharalia All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: