Mapping the Sheltowee Forum Index Archive home

Mapping the Sheltowee
A Guide for the Trails in the BSF and DBNF

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist      Big Turtle Photo Club    
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Southern terminus to Cumberland falls

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Mapping the Sheltowee Forum Index -> General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
trekkingmedic
cub
cub

PostPosted: Wed Apr 16, 2014 10:31 pm    Post subject: Southern terminus to Cumberland falls Reply with quote

I have 5 days free the first week in June and I am wanting to hike a section of the trace. I am looking at going from the southern terminus to Cumberland falls, my wife has family that lives near Cumberland falls that can provide transportation and a safe place to leave my car. How realistic is this distance? I am in good shape and feel that I can cover 15-20 miles/day but was not sure how many miles the new location of the terminus added, the maps I have show the start still being at Picket State Park. Thanks in advance for any information or advice.

Philip
Traildust
merciless pace
merciless pace

PostPosted: Fri Apr 25, 2014 9:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

What you propose is possible if all goes right and your in the shape you state. Enjoy. Let us know if we can help. Make sure you get the Big South Fork map at the visitor center so you have little trouble with the trail in the Big South Fork.

Good luck.
traildust

Check us out at sheltoweetrace.twitter.com and on facebook in the hiking groups under The Sheltowee Trace. Sign up and join the discussion. Become a member of The Sheltowee Trace Association and help us maintain and grow the Trace.
trekkingmedic
cub
cub

PostPosted: Fri Apr 25, 2014 11:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks, do the maps of the BSF outline the ST from the new trail head? I cannot seem to find any detailed maps online of the new trailhead and was not sure how well it was blazed and did not want to get too lost or turned around.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Mapping the Sheltowee Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: