Mapping the Sheltowee Forum Index Archive home

Mapping the Sheltowee
A Guide for the Trails in the BSF and DBNF

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist      Big Turtle Photo Club    
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Looking for a Trail Angel and info on new BSF route?
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Mapping the Sheltowee Forum Index -> General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Boyd
BOONE-ified GPS DUDE
BOONE-ified GPS DUDE

PostPosted: Tue Jul 30, 2013 7:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

rsmoore wrote:
Here's the difference in blazing at Bandy.

Thanks for the correction. The alignment on the Google map is rough in general, but the southern terminus extension around Bandy was confusing, especially since I have visited here yet. Thanks for the field check, rsmoore! I'll update the google map.

Traildust
merciless pace
merciless pace

PostPosted: Mon Aug 05, 2013 11:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for this info. Wish the Nat Geo folks and BSF would have gotten it right as we agreed. Suggest you follow the blazes unless they have taken them down where we had the Trace running. I will get with BSF and see what the deal is on this discrepancy. I am guessing they wanted folks to come into Bandy Creek to spend money which folks would do anyway. I suggest users print out the description posted here of the new extension, follow it and the blazes. Either way though you get to the Trace without going to far out of the way.

Painted on blazes are great but manpower intensive when compared to nailing a blaze. We ask for a distinctive blaze to set us apart from the white blazes and white diamonds of old and by in large it is working cutting down on confusion.

Thanks again for the trail reports. Yes everyone in BSF and DBNF needs to follow the bear rules especially in the south end of the Cumberland plateau.

Check us out at sheltoweetrace.twitter.com and on facebook in the hiking groups under The Sheltowee Trace. Sign up and join the discussion. Become a member of The Sheltowee Trace Association and help us maintain and grow the Trace.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Mapping the Sheltowee Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: