Mapping the Sheltowee Forum Index Archive home

Mapping the Sheltowee
A Guide for the Trails in the BSF and DBNF

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist      Big Turtle Photo Club    
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Copperas Cave Branch to Ridge Before Natural Bridge SP

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Mapping the Sheltowee Forum Index -> jonaharalia
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jonaharalia
on trail
on trail

PostPosted: Sun Jun 01, 2008 12:21 am    Post subject: Copperas Cave Branch to Ridge Before Natural Bridge SP Reply with quote

May 18, 2008
Ridge Before Natural Bridge SP

Miles: 26
Still haven't found LW. Hope he is trekking well and that we meet up soon at NB. Mostly on roads today ever since Copperas Cave Branch, passing the most barking, aggressive or mock-threatening dogs in one day ever in my time ever. Heidelberg was a VERY small town with the tiniest post office and a comfortable park near the Kentucky River. Locals are loathe to say hello too busy working on a supply of rusted junkers in their front yards which hug the road and there is always the barking horde of dogs. Up highway from town, I felt fortunate to encounter two stores, the first Conveniently Country, like an oasis on the hot horizon of road walking, with very nice owner who inherited store from grandmother and wished me well with a ham on white. Forded Sinking Creek Upper and Lower, or something, and afterward had encounter with mad dog, I swung a few times at it and later received apology from owner up the paved road. I was angry and annoyed, yet again, with the Trace and southern culture. Arrived to Standing Rock Church and this site near old oil tanks, never knew about the KY oil industry.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Mapping the Sheltowee Forum Index -> jonaharalia All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: