Mapping the Sheltowee Forum Index Archive home

Mapping the Sheltowee
A Guide for the Trails in the BSF and DBNF

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist      Big Turtle Photo Club    
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

London, KY to Denny Branch

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Mapping the Sheltowee Forum Index -> jonaharalia
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jonaharalia
on trail
on trail

PostPosted: Sun Jun 01, 2008 12:12 am    Post subject: London, KY to Denny Branch Reply with quote

May 14, 2008
Denny Branch

Miles: 16.4
Little dog followed us for a mile or so to suspension bridge over Hawk Creek. Sweet small dog, maybe a terrier of some kind. We had to point and made loud noises to get the dog to go back the other way. Passed much hyped up Cromer Ridge without incident in the heaving rain and I can attest to having seen worse, more abused landscape. Down to the gas station diner 49er where I managed to spend zero money. An accomplishment after lush resupply in London. Walked along old Wildcat Road to Wildcat Mtn, first Civil War battle in Kentucky. Felt the agonizing wrench of dying in gunfire and all the lost lives, young cut short for a bullet in the left chest. What a way to be remembered, as having died in a war. What unrealized dreams. Soon I'll be forgotten too, in less time than those men, a life passed through and processed. A disturbing feeling really, for those with enough free space in mind to entertain the short nature of being alive.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Mapping the Sheltowee Forum Index -> jonaharalia All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: