Mapping the Sheltowee Forum Index Archive home

Mapping the Sheltowee
A Guide for the Trails in the BSF and DBNF

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist      Big Turtle Photo Club    
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Hiking Koomer Ridge this weekend

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Mapping the Sheltowee Forum Index -> Photographs of Trail Conditions & Environs
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Pilgrim11b10
on trail
on trail

PostPosted: Wed Aug 03, 2011 12:17 am    Post subject: Hiking Koomer Ridge this weekend Reply with quote

I seem to have lost my other post.My son and I'll be taking a run at Koomer Ridge this weekend, if someone could get back to me with something we can do while we're there.

Let me know before thursday or at the latest friday evening.
We will be heading out at 5am "o"the clock Sat.
Otherwise I'll be taking stills and videos of the hike and area and/or any anomolys we might encounter.

We are getting ready for fall camping and we have new gear we need to try and break.
And with that said call me at (859)979-1184 or wait to see the pics.

And another thing what the heck do you folks (and now me) do socially?
Are there meetings, a newsletter, picnics, pajama partys, group sing-a-longs,koombya yall..
Surely the forums here isn't the only social enteraction, otherwise I'm gonna be out here /w just my son and some trees.
Mind you I have been know to talk to the trees and have even hugged a few.

But lets face it fellow campers they really suck at making a campfire, gives setting your pace to the slowest hiker whole new meaning.
Tah call me
Pilgrim

Traildust
merciless pace
merciless pace

PostPosted: Fri Aug 05, 2011 6:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The STA organizes weekend hikes on the Sheltowee for everyone, mostly on sections where most folks don't go to often. In 2012 we hope to organize the ST Challenge where over the year, in sections, you can come join others in hiking the whole Trace one section a month and at the end of the year you have completed the whole Trace.

In the fall we have our annual gathering where we do socialize, have a few classes on select topics, take a few day hikes on the Trace and generally have a great time.

Visit the other side of this site, www.sheltoweetrace.org and get it tuned here for details. If you send me your regular email, I can add you to our e-newsletter as well.

Check us out at sheltoweetrace.twitter.com and on facebook in the hiking groups under The Sheltowee Trace. Sign up and join the discussion. Become a member of The Sheltowee Trace Association and help us maintain and grow the Trace.
Pilgrim11b10
on trail
on trail

PostPosted: Sat Aug 20, 2011 12:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hya
Thanks for responding.
My e-mail is : pilgrim.rh@gmail.com
Thanx again
Pilgrim

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Mapping the Sheltowee Forum Index -> Photographs of Trail Conditions & Environs All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: