Mapping the Sheltowee Forum Index Archive home

Mapping the Sheltowee
A Guide for the Trails in the BSF and DBNF

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist      Big Turtle Photo Club    
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Hiking the ST for the first time

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Mapping the Sheltowee Forum Index -> Photographs of Trail Conditions & Environs
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Pilgrim11b10
on trail
on trail

PostPosted: Wed Jul 06, 2011 2:16 pm    Post subject: Hiking the ST for the first time Reply with quote

Hello everyone, if anyone reads these things I'm the new guy.Went with my son up Pinch-em-tight trail to ST @227 it was a hot and short scouting hike. Plan on doing the whole enchilada very soon. We are putting our gear together since it's been a while since either of us has been hiking.
We both at one time were actually living in the woods as homeless. That was years ago and we are now settled. But it gave us a different outlook
on what hiking and camping is all about, a lot different.lol.
Pilgrim and Doc. Confused
Tommy - The Tank
in the stride
in the stride

PostPosted: Wed Jul 06, 2011 6:37 pm    Post subject: Welcome Reply with quote

Welcome to the trail forum!!! If your going to attempt a thru-hike you might want to invest in getting the Thru-Hiker manual if you have never hiked the trail all the way thru. It gives you very detailed info on the trail like water sources, camping areas, supply stops, food drop location with contact info, and step by step directions. I would recommend this to anybody. You can get them from the Sheltowee Trace Ass. at http://www.sheltoweetrace.org/ it's the best $15 dollars you can spend getting prepared for this trail. Other then that and basic's for a backpacking trip, I wish you luck and hope to see you on the trail.

-Charles Kuralt, On The Road
Pilgrim11b10
on trail
on trail

PostPosted: Wed Jul 06, 2011 8:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanx for the tip I will for sure get that guide.I didn't know there was a guide for the ST.
I picked up guide books for the AT and it gave some great info on doing long-distance hikes. But doing the AT is a long way off. I figured I would try back packing a bit closer to home.
Pilgrim
AKA Richard K Hill
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Mapping the Sheltowee Forum Index -> Photographs of Trail Conditions & Environs All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: