Mapping the Sheltowee Forum Index Archive home

Mapping the Sheltowee
A Guide for the Trails in the BSF and DBNF

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist      Big Turtle Photo Club    
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Off-trail between Rt 32 and US 60
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Mapping the Sheltowee Forum Index -> Best Guides, Resources, and Maps
View previous topic :: View next topic  
hikerjoe
cub
cub

PostPosted: Fri Jul 03, 2009 9:48 pm    Post subject: What doesn't kill you makes you stronger Reply with quote

Boyd, seriously, the hike was not that bad but the rain caused one of our party to get a blister on the whole ball of his foot. One disadvantage to Gortex shoes, once water gets into them, it can't get out! The tough guy didn't stop to empty them out and paid the price. Another member of our party did not tighten his boots when the water caused the leather to swell, he lost his toenail from the toe hitting the front of his boot as we descended the mountain. The trail down had turned into a stream, as often happens. My feet got wet but the gear performed as it should have, the poly liners, wool socks and nylon mesh running shoes kept my feet in good condition. My pack failed though. Don't buy Outdoor Products backpacks, they are not built tough enough to endure a backpacking trip. Fortunately Wal-Mart's return policy resulted in a full refund. I replaced it with a Jansen Big Bear 82, a bit biger than I wanted but the price was right. The comradire was great and two new backpackers joined the ranks! At least one of our party wants to go back and hike the entire length of the Sheltoee Trace.
jbd
merciless pace
merciless pace

PostPosted: Sat Jul 04, 2009 6:25 am    Post subject: Re: What doesn't kill you makes you stronger Reply with quote

hikerjoe wrote:
The comradire was great and two new backpackers joined the ranks! At least one of our party wants to go back and hike the entire length of the Sheltoee Trace.

Glad to hear two more have joined the ranks even though they had a tough time of it. Hopefully the one that wants to hike the entire Sheltowee is in addition to you Smile

Holy-moly!!! I just figured our where Plymouth IN is.!!!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Mapping the Sheltowee Forum Index -> Best Guides, Resources, and Maps All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: